Google Chrome App Scratchpad replaced by Google Keep
Google has made it official, it’s replacing the Scratchpad app for Chrome with Google Keep. This one is a no-brainer, as both apps do the same thing and Keep is obviously the more expansive service.
Keep is cross-platform, it works on the web, so in Chrome, but there are also mobile apps for it.If you are a Scratchpad user, you have to enable Google Docs sync and all of your lists will be transferred to Keep. .
Google hasn’t been working on Scratchpad for a few months now and will soon retire it. Users are being notified of the impending closure, but for the time being you can still download, install, and use Scratchpad from the Web Store.
How many of you have used Scratchpad, other alternatives is using Google Drive which allows you to create doc files and save them, which can be easily accessed anywhere.
Quickly capture what’s on your mind and recall it easily wherever you are. Create a checklist, enter a voice note or snap a photo and annotate it. Everything you add is instantly available on all your devices – desktop and mobile.
With Google Keep you can:
- Keep track of your thoughts via notes, lists and photos
- Have voice notes transcribed automatically
- Use homescreen widgets to capture thoughts quickly
- Color-code your notes to help find them later
- Swipe to archive things you no longer need
- Turn a note into a checklist by adding checkboxes
- Use your notes from anywhere – they are safely stored in the cloud and available on the web at http://drive.google.com/keep
to download, visit here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.keep
Download app and tell us what you feel!