Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, announced the Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids, a tablet built specifically for kids with the educational tools and safety features parents want.
It comes pre-installed with top kid’s apps and also Kid’s store aimed at driving the educational possibilities of technology for kids. Preloaded content includes educational, games, entertainment and e-book apps.It also gives parents a chance to select apps for kids via the Application Manager.
It also includes Time Management tool that lets parents set the specific time for use. After a time period is over, a password lock screen appears, requiring a password to unlock the device. This tool helps parents to ensure the time spent by their children on tablet is balanced.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with Kids Case
Specifications are almost as Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, they are as follows –
- Display – 7.0 inch WSVGA (1024×600, 170ppi) TFT
- Processor – 1.2 Ghz Dual core processor with 1GB RAM
- OS – Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Camera – 3 megapixel rear and 1.3 megapixel front camera
- Memory – 8GB internal and 32GB expandable upto 32GB via MicroSD
- Battery – Standard battery, Li-ion 4,000mAh
- Connectivity – WiFi a/b/g/n (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Channel Bonding, WiFi Direct , Bluetooth® 3.0, USB 2.0
- Video – record and playback videos in 1080p Full HD @30fps
Its Wifi only device, no voice calling. It comes with standard Google Apps like Google Mobile Services: Google Search, Gmail, Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Maps (Turn-by-turn Navigation), Google Now. Also includes Samsung Apps/Kids Store.
A Kids Case featuring a kids-friendly grip and multiple stand options will also be available for the Samsung GALAXY Tab 3 Kids. The case also comes equipped with an easy-to-grip C Pen, providing fun drawing capabilities without the possibility of leaving marks on other objects.
So to conclude, its a good move by Samsung to grab attention of young kids and it works well as handy tool for kids learning purposes. It will be out by September and available across China, Europe, U.S., Africa, South America and South East Asia. Price is not yet revealed.
You can tweet your views to us #techourview & follow us on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/techourview