The E Ink Android smartphone offers all the functions of a regular smartphone, with 4 weeks of battery life (1 week for normal usage) and weighs 80gm.
Because E Ink screens don’t use any power when not actively changing displays, the phones would last as long as 4 weeks when on standby.
Like most e-readers, the interface is a little slow and not as lag-free, and the display has a lower resolution—unlike regular smartphones; but it does offer a better viewing experience under direct, strong sunlight.
The cameraless phone was developed by Taiwanese company E Ink that is currently working together with other companies to bring full-fledged E-Ink smartphones to the market.
The E Ink Android Smartphone is expected to cost €150 (US$200).
Follow us on Facebook here & tweet to us by typing @techourview
LG Optimus G Pro
Features to expect in Optimus G Pro are –
- Screen – 5.5-inch True HD-IPS+ LCD with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 @ 400 ppi
- Processor – 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 600 Processor with 2GB RAM
- Memory – 32GB internal memory with MicroSD slot
- Camera – 13.2 MP rear camera with LED flash & 2.1 MP front camera for video calls, capture images and videos in Full HD.
- OS – Android OS 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Battery – 3,140mAh removable battery & wireless charging
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, LTE connectivity
- Additional features – Dual Recording and Virtual Reality (VR) Panorama
Dual Recording – allows users to capture video with both the front and rear cameras simultaneously for a unique picture-in-picture experience.
Virtual Reality (VR) Panorama – allows shots of entire horizontal and vertical environments for a full 360 view.
It sounds to be an awesome phone by LG, it will be on display Mobile World Congress MWC 2013, awaiting its launch in India. It’s available online for Rs. 30,990 approx $560
Mobile Web Congress is going to be held in Barcelona 25 – 28 February 2013.